Advertising on this website
All counsellors listed on this website must satisfy the following criteria:
- They are fully qualified counsellors.
- They are current members of one of the following approved organisations:
Being a registered member of one of these organisations means that they have achieved a substantial level of training and experience, as required by their member organisation. It also means they have satisfied certain rules on training, practice and ethics to gain professional recognition, and demonstrated their capacity for independent, competent and ethical practice.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
- Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- National Counselling Society
- UK Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners
- UK Association for Transactional Analysis
- United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- UK Council for Psychotherapy
- They have current professional liabilities insurance in place covering their practice.
Meetings of the ELCN
We are a network of counsellors and psychotherapists committed to simplifying access to good quality counselling in East Lothian. In addition to hosting this website, we meet three to four times per year and all members are expected to attend a minimum of once a year. We discuss issues regarding counselling practice and it is also a great opportunity to get to know fellow professionals in the area. We run CPD events from time to time, usually from within our membership.
We warmly welcome applications for membership from counsellors living or working in East Lothian. Trainee counsellors are very welcome too, however they must have current student membership of either the BACP or COSCA and be attending a counselling training course that is accredited by the BACP or COSCA.
Please contact us via this link firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to enquire about membership of the ELCN.